If something is tripping, overloading or burnt out, the experts at ARC can help!
The wiring on your property is out of sight. It’s installed behind walls and panelling, above false ceilings and sometimes under the floor too. This helps to maintain the aesthetics of the indoor spaces which is an advantage. However, there is a downside to this as well.
If something goes wrong with the wiring, you might not notice it until you face a severe issue. While good quality wiring that has been installed by expert and licensed electricians can last for many years without trouble. The best way to determine whether the wiring is in good condition is to get regular electrical inspections done on your property.
When Is Rewiring Needed?
These are some of the situations in which you would need to get your property’s wiring inspected and assessed:
- You have received a defect or safety/non-compliance notice
- Your property has steel conduits and single insulated wiring
- Safety switches trip frequently
- Your house was constructed in the 1970’s or prior to that
- There is just a single circuit for all the power outlets
- Your home has cotton or rubber insulation (V.I.R)
- The socket outlets overheat
- During renovating and see that the wiring has deteriorated
How Can We Help?
Electrical rewiring seems like an intimidating undertaking, but it can improve your system. All the effort and expense is worthwhile when you consider the benefits mentioned above. As trained, certified electricians, we understand what’s involved in a rewiring process. It is complicated, takes time, and requires good planning, which is where our expert technicians come in. Here’s a look at what we do:
- Electrician’s Survey – Rewiring can’t happen without a thorough knowledge of the existing system. That’s why our trained electrician carries out a comprehensive survey of a system before starting on a project. We will provide a detailed report of your system’s current state so you can make informed decisions about rewiring.
- Creating a Plan – You may not need to rewire an entire property if some sections of it comply with current Australian Standards. Our team will provide unbiased recommendations on material choices, installing locations, budgeting, etc. Once you have approved the project, we will create a plan of approach. Rewiring is done in two stages; one where wiring is installed and the other where all surface elements are installed.
- First Stage – In the first stage, we install wiring, circuits, back boxes, smoke detectors, lighting, climate control connections, data, telephone lines, etc. All hidden cabling is installed at this stage, after which contractors can install drywall, plasters, or other such material to cover these lines.
- Second Stage – The second stage involves installing surface fixtures lights, switches, PowerPoints, connecting appliances, etc. Once everything is properly installed, we connect your newly rewired system to the main electrical supply.
- Checking – Our team makes sure all installations are based on Australian standards and pass inspections easily. We double-check everything to ensure there are no issues like loose connections, disconnected elements, sparks, etc.
We source all materials for rewiring from reliable manufacturers. All components are up to Australian standards and will last for a long time. For more information on our rewiring services, feel free to contact ARC Electrical & Data today.
We offer a full residential electrical service including:
- Installation of Lights
- New Circuits
- LED lights
- Safety Switches
- Ceiling Fans
We know that electrical problems can be stressful and hard
Labour, material and customer satisfaction come with every job we do. Our Electricians are clean and tidy. We’ll make sure your home is left even better than we found it. We are Experienced Professionals and we pride ourselves on our quality of work, attention to details and service.
We are locally & family owned and operated, and all of our technicians have full trade qualifications or Electrician’s license. We are also fully insured for your peace of mind.
ARC Electrical & Data are here to help you with your electrical problems. Call us now to arrange a professional electrician to come and assist with your electrical issues.
Right from initial contact with Adam, through quotation process and carrying out a great deal of work that we needed to be done, we were extremely satisfied with his expertise, workmanship, great advice and attention to detail. We discovered extra jobs along the way, and nothing was too much trouble. Adam is very professional and has a lovely friendly personality too. We would highly recommend ARC Electrical & Data.
ARC are a very reliable company. They arrived when they said they would, they documented all the work that needed to be done and took photos and then sent me a quote when they said they would. Adam was brilliant and professional in his work as well as advising us of outdated smoke alarms we didn’t know needed replacing (the alarm themselves had expired and we didnt know as we had just purchased the house) so he replaced them on the spot for us also. Don’t just call them for a repair u can call them if u have an electrical issue and are not sure what needs to be done as they are great in finding solutions as well.
If you want exceptional standards, fantastic communication and people who are polite and respectful then Adam and he's Off Sider are the people you want. They arrived when they said they would, they called when they said they would, they did the job and more for the quoted price - no surprises. As a single female (I know - it shouldn't matter but we know it does), I rely trades people and hope I get quality ones. I struck gold finding ARC. I most certainly use them again and highly recommend them for sure! Nice work guys.